Monday 15 November 2010

Research for Summer Project











This is the response to the Summer Project that I produced over summer. It is a card game. The object of the game is to collect enough cards to communicate to a team member what character/famous person you are trying to portray. You would start with two cards each and would be in groups of two. Five cards would be laid out in the middle and a signal would be given at which point everyone would make a grab for a card of their choice (if any). This process is completed until someone believes they can show their cards to their partner and they will get who they are trying to show. To do this they must first make sure they have no unnecessary cards in their hand as these would still be shown to their partner(also the least cards used the better the score). Once they have decided their hand is good they would have to signal to their partner that they have a portrait ready. This must be done without the other players noticing. If they succeed in attracting the attention of their partner then their partner must shout "Portrait" and they then have a chance to guess. If their guess is unsuccessful play continues without them. If a fellow player notices the signal that is being given they must yell "Steal". If this occurs they will get the chance to either steal a card/s from that person or to guess the portrait.

Scores:
The point for this game is to get the portrait in the least number of cards. The scoring reflects this.

One Card: 100
Two Cards: 80
Three Cards: 50
Four Cards:40
Five Cards:30
Minus five for any card over five.

A successful guess from a "Steal" scores 60.

I am quite pleased with the result for this however I do need more cards. I will also have to find somewhere to print them. The most desirable print format would be something like the UNO cards. However I also need to print at a size that is easy to carry around and something that I can print for a cost effective price. I think that most likely the format that I hand it in as may not be what I would like as the best way that I have found to print them is as business cards as every other way I have seen is very expensive. I will also need to work out how many of each card I am going to need to make the game playable. I will also test it once I have printed it out. I have just thought that my cards will have to be pretty durable as everyone with be going for them at once. So, although I was thinking that I would quite like a recycled paper with a matt finish I'm not sure that this will be strong enough.

Note: The question mark card is the back of the cards and also a double sided question mark gives the player the option to say one word. I am having troubles with the double sided aspect of my cards and printing for an affordable amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment