Saturday 20 November 2010

Research for Dynamic Word

Ideas

I've now been to the zoo. It was very cold so many of the walk throughs and more interactive attractions weren't on as most the animals couldn't go outside, which was a shame. The main thing I got form the visit is that much of the actual information about the animals isn't very accessible to younger children. Most of it is up too high for them to reach and is also not written in a way that would be easy for them to understand. There are interactive parts specifically for children but I feel these work on their own and do not need further help. I also found that a walk-through would be impractical as there are many ways to go around the zoo and I also feel this may take away from the experience of being there. This is something I really don't want to do. I would like to incite the childs interest without revealing too much. A lot of the fun of the zoo is discovering whats around the next corner, so a guided tour would be a bit much.

The main output that I am leaning towards is an iPhone/iPad/Nintendo DS app/game which is easily taken around with you. This will be used to enrich the zoo experience and will also be more environmentally friendly than the currently available printed quiz. As the output is on a relatively small screen my design will have to be very simple with large text. Sound effects should not be an integral part as in some areas of the zoo you are required to be quiet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment