Monday 15 November 2010

Research for Summer Project


This is a really beautiful portrait. I like the mix of photography and illustration it is done very well.


This photographic response is interesting. The lighting is well done and it is nicely cropped.


I like this. The use of "post it notes" is an interesting idea. You could get the subject to write things about themselves on them. It would be a way of disguising the outside by revealing the inside.


This image done in illustrator is a nice image however, it lacks something. It is just a straight copy of a photo the illustrated style doesn't add a lot. I don't think.


Unlike the one above this illustrative response actually adds the picture. It adds a sense of fun and the colours used give you more of an idea of the type of person its portraying.


This is unusually I really like it though. I would like to know how it was produced.


Not quite sure what to say about this one. It is very weird. The lighting is very surreal and the overall effect sort of dreamlike. You don't really realise what you are seeing at first.


I think I would have put text on this particular outcome. I think they have missed something by omitting it.


This is stunning. The colours and the typography used works amazingly well. I would really like to be able to produce something like this.


This is an odd one. I think it's called Ninja vs Penguin.


This is nice because it makes you think of flying or unusually I thought of someone who has tried to hang themselves. I think this is because of the chair. It is important to remember in my own piece that everything included can have an impact on what the viewer sees.


Getting the subject to express themselves on a glass pane is quite a good idea. It captures them very nicely and gives more of a personal sense of them.


This is a good use of typography and imagery combined. From a distance you can't really see the typography but it draws you in. Some of the words are very small inviting you to look closer.


This is like those old sliding games where you had to remake the image by sliding the sections around. It obscures the overall image and adds intrigue to the portrait.


Again a typographic answer. It is quite delicate compared to the other typographic answers.

http://www.colinhawkins.co.uk/

I have also looked at work from this site. I can't show the imagery on here though as copyright prevents it.

No comments:

Post a Comment