Saturday 20 November 2010

Research for Dynamic Word

Evalutaion

I was really pleased with the final outcome of this project. I really like the simple style of it. I did find this project quite hard to get into and although I found the workshops quite easy I didn't really give myself an opportunity to use what I learnt in my final piece as I created for iPhone and so all the roll overs and flash images wouldn't work. My main challenge in this brief was the shear volume of things that I could produce. I think the visit to the zoo really help to channel what I wanted to do and it helped me decide that I wanted to make something that children would use within the zoo. I then decided that it would be impossible to do something for all of the animals so I narrowed it down to six as a trial. I think that three questions per animal was a good choice to make. I believe that the thing that made this outcome successful was the decision to make each question fit into a story or challenge. I believe that this makes it more interesting for a child than just a normal question answer layout. When I first uploaded my site it came up tiny on an iphone which was a bit of a problem but I talked to anthony and he added coding to my site so that is now viewed at the right size.
One thing that I have now realised is that if I want the site to be seen all at one time without scrolling then I should have made it a bit smaller. However you its not too bad.
The main thing that I am really annoyed at myself with is spelling mistakes and words missing in the writing. I think because of the sheer volume of pages that I had the quality control went out the window a little bit. I think next time I really need to sit down and check my work thoroughly. I will try and change them if I get chance!!!

Just a quick note on product testing. This is something that I would have like to have tested however I don't know any children of the right age and they would have to go to the zoo to test it. However, I did show the result to a TA at a local primary school and she seemed quite positive that my site was in keeping with literature and visual stimulus already given children of 5 to 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment