Saturday 20 November 2010

Hidden Research

Evalutation

I like how the stickers look and found using a grid very helpful. I haven't done much using grids before and I can now see the advantages and how they can change your work. I enjoyed making the stickers and photographing them however I didn't have very nice weather when it came to photographing them and I wish I could have had longer to experiment with different styles of photography and different compositions. I like the shape of the pages in my book but I feel that the binding solution could be improved. I like the idea that you could add more too it and so would prefer the binding to be more of a clip. I am unsure as to whether the layout in my pages is confusing. Because the sticker for each photo is on the back if you look through it like a book it looks as if its for the photo after. This isn't what I intended. I want them all to be looked at separately but then part of the whole. A bit like cue cards or something like that. I would have liked to do loads more stickers for all over Bath as a kind of guided tour but in the end I ran out of time. I also found that photographing the stickers outside caused problems because I didn't use powerful enough colours so they tended to bleach out. I would make the colours more powerful if I was to do this again. Overall I like the outcome however I feel that my final presentation needs some work. I think my static presentation has suffered because I have been doing all dynamic this term. I really enjoy doing dynamic but I think I need to work on some of my presentation to keep it good. I think I work better in dynamic but I felt that the direction that I was heading in this project a dynamic outcome would not suit where I was heading. The main things that I have taken from this project are that I need to learn to become more balanced as a designer. I also need to set more time aside for finishing touches and also consider the final look more before I start so that all of my outcomes suit the final style more.

No comments:

Post a Comment