Saturday 20 November 2010

Hidden Research

This famous logo is extremely clean and simple but this arrow might not look like more than a smile to you. Before, coming to any conclusions I would like you to know the concept behind this…it says that amazon.com has everything from a to z and it also represents the smile brought to the customer’s face.

One of my favorite chocolates…yummy!! But trust me I never noticed the brilliant logo while enjoying my bar. You must be thinking what is there to find out as it clearly shows the Swiss Alps? Let me explain…Toblerone originated in Bern, Switzerland – A city whose name is rumored to mean, “City of bears”. When you look at it again you will find a bear in the logo.

You would say you have seen it thousand times but just to make you notice an arrow formed between the letters “E” and “X” conveying speed, direction and reliability of this amazing courier service.

http://www.graphicdesignblog.org/hidden-logos-in-graphic-designing/ 

Here are just a few examples of logos where extra meaning is hidden. I chose these three in particular because although I recognise each logo I had not noticed the extra part pointed out on the website. I would like to make a study of more of these and maybe come up with my own logo for either an existing company or one for myself. I think if I do this it would be worth researching symbology further and maybe the history of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment